Saturday, March 2, 2013

SOP - Adventure


During the School of Photography the whole school travels around the island to photograph certain places including the volcano, south point, waterfalls & other things. Thanks to Dennis we had a very specific itinerary for the next two days.. all the way down to where the best washroom stops are. This was probably to save him from the "are we there yet?" questions. We had two large vans packed with food, people and TONS of photography equipment. We set off on Wednesday morning at 7:30 to catch the early light. Destination to destination, picture after picture. Thankfully in Hawaii there is no seat belt law which meant we could stand up and take photos when needed as well as climbing over seats to change lenses or grab food. After a full day of taking photographs we stopped at a military camp in a cozy little cabin overnight on the top of the volcano & enjoyed hot chocolate and a warm fire. In the morning we were up bright and early ready for more photo taking.

"For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him." - Colossians 1:16


























I am so thankful for my time here and the people that I have come to love so dearly. I can hardly believe that I only have one month left in the school of photography. I can honestly say that I do not feel ready to say goodbye to this chapter of my life but I am excited for the future, whatever that may look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment