Thursday, February 20, 2014

FOR REAL


* * * 
So often I feel as though my conversations are surface, meaningless,
 talking about the weather kind of conversations. 
I want more. 

there is a..
NEED TO FEEL LOVED.
NEED TO FEEL ACCEPTED.
NEED AUTHENTIC RELATIONSHIPs.
THERE IS A NEED FOR REAL.

As Christians we need to cultivate a culture that promotes authentic loving relationships.
 We are family.. brothers and sisters. 

This should mean we carry each others burdens.
Speak truth in love. 
 Heartfelt, true, tangible REAL relationship.
 A relationship that ends with "let me pray for you."
I REALLY care.
 I want to be a part of you life, your love, your hurts, your struggles, your successes, 
your REAL. 

A friend who you are able to spill your guts to and says "lets tidy this up together." 
Let me get down and help you clean this up. 
You might make a mess tomorrow but I am here to help you through.

I want to invest in deep, heartfelt, honest to the core relationships..
no matter how ugly they may look. 

Lord help me to be a friend like this,
a friend thats REAL.

* * *

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Proverbs 27:17

//
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:  If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

//
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 18:24

//
 Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with.

James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment